WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE!!
Winners for this contest will be announced during the week of February 22nd!
Follow us on instagram @WLFContest or Check back soon for the official date to be announced!!
Sometime between the future and the past, WeLoveFine is proud to bring you a contest that will be fought here in our present, The Terminator Fan Design Contest! Be strong and show us what you got to represent mankind in the battle against the machines. Be careful not to get terminated by entering t-shirt design submissions that do not fulfill the requirements listed below. Grand prize is $1000 Cash to go to the best design that best shows original artwork inspired by the original 1984 Terminator film!
STAN WINSTON SCHOOL (Co-Founders Matt Winston & Erich Grey Litoff): For over 40 years, the name Stan Winston has been synonymous with iconic fantasy characters, including the killer cyborgs of The TERMINATOR series, the extraterrestrial monstrosities of ALIENS, the alien hunter from the PREDATOR series, the prehistoric giants from the JURASSIC PARK films, and the iconic suits from IRON MAN. Stan Winston School is dedicated to teaching, promoting and fostering innovation in the arts and sciences of character creation.
Jeff Sorensen from SocialUnderground.com: Jeff Sorensen is an author, writer and occasional comedian living in Detroit, Michigan. He is an expert in popular culture and pointing out when someone got a quote wrong in a movie you've never heard of. He reviews gadgets, movies, TV, comics, and whatever else you throw at him. He also loves puppies, writing about important subjects, and looking good in a suit. You can find his past work on The Huffington Post, UPROXX, and BGR. He is currently the head writer of Social Underground.
Guest Retail Judges
Hot Topic: It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores filled the malls, but there wasn't a cool music-inspiredaccessory store for both guys and girls. Then came Hot Topic. We brought the world of pop icons into our Hot Topic stores.
Joey Ramirez from JCPenney: Joey’s first timeline he can be seen enjoying obscure music that you’ve probably never heard (NATALIE IS FREEZING, you should check them out). In the second timeline he is most likely watching a “The Adventures of Nuktuk” mover while eating Let’s Potato Chips®. You can ignore his third and fourth timelines as they’re super confusing and trying to understand them will make you forget how awesome his 1st and 2nd timelines were. In his most current timeline he is a Young Men’s Trend and Novelty buyer for JCPenney, which supersedes all the other timelines and is considered canon.
ERIQUE from DIAMOND COMICS: Erique is the Brand Manager for Apparel, Collectibles and Novelties for Diamond Comic Distributors’ Previews catalog. Alifelong pop culture dork, there’s no aspect of comic books, toys, film or television merchandising that he doesn’t run down like a lion after a gazelle.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
2. Do: Make stylized art! Get inspiration from the original 1984 Terminator film, T-800 and any character that resides within the original film!
3. Do: Use logos or icons that can be found in the The Terminator movie. Please, however, do note that if it's a fairly simple or generic logo, make sure that we do not already have it on the website.
4. Do: Have fun and be creative!
5. Don't: Use any actor likeness of Arnold Schwarzenegger. This includes Arnold's face as half an endoskeleton. When creating your design imagine it’s a part of or within the original Terminator film universe.
6. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning rather than help it.
7. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials. This contest is to submit art designs to be officially licensed. If it is too obscene or mixes 3rd party, or copyrighted materials, it will NOT be approved.
8. Don't: Include any materials that were not included in the original 1984 Terminator film. This is strictly within the first film's universe.
All entries must be within the original 1984 Terminator universe. The T-1000 Terminator model and mention of Skynet are not allowed. No actor likenesses of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger will not be accepted into this contest. Also be conscious to only include Sarah Conner references from this time frame as well. Any muscularly toned versions will not be permitted as it does not fit within the character model within the original 1984 film.
To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: The submission kit is not downloading. I need help!
Q: What are the three "Additional Design Images" for?
A: One upload should be JUST the design itself so we can see it clearly. The other images, if you choose to upload them, can be other images of your design. Please remember that each design should be its OWN submission so don't use them to upload multiple designs.
Q: I'm having trouble uploading my images for my submission. What's going on?
A: Please make sure that each image is exactly 1000x1000px JPG, GIF or PNG and each image MUST be under 2MB.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: For most contests you can submit up to 10 designs unless otherwise stated.
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We recommend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: YES!! We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help us determine what the fans really want as winners! So please feel free to promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We will make every attempt to review submissions within 2 business days. Please know, if you’ve done any of the following we will not accept the design into the contest and you may not be notified.
- Your design has inappropriate materials or elements.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. No mash ups!
-You've used a design created by someone else as your own.
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Grand Prize (1): Grand Prize Winner will win One Thousand Dollars ($1000.00) Cash!
Guest Judge Pick (2): Two (2) Guest Judges pick will receive Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) cash!
Guest Retailer Judges' picks (3): Three (3) retail guest judges will each select their personal favorite design, and those artists will win Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) cash and be available exclusively at whichever retailer!