Crikey O’Reilly! It's time to grab your pencils and show us what an ace artist you are. We want to see your best 1940's inspired designs delve deep into the stylish world of espionage and advanced science with our favorite Agent, Peggy Carter! Designs may also feature the earnest Angie Martinelli, Dottie Underwood, Howard Stark, Jarvis, The Howling Commandos including Dum Dum Dugan and of course, Nick Fury. The Grand Prize winner of of this contest will receive a wad of greenbacks sure to make you go bonkers!
Be sure to keep all designs based on classic Marvel and avoid actor likeness.
Don't forget, you can watch Marvel's Agent Carter on iTunes!
SUBMISSIONS NOW ACCEPTED UNTIL 11:59PM on 06/30/2015
(For all submissions please allow an extra 1-2 business days for designs to be looked at by Marvel directly before being evaluated and officially approved to be a part of the contest)
ABOUT THE JUDGES:
HAYLEY ATWELL: Hayley’s impressive body of work has established her as one of the finest actresses of her generation. She can currently be seen in Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’, in which she reprises her role yet again as the feisty ‘Agent Peggy Carter’ and in the Kenneth Branagh directed ‘Cinderella’, in which she stars alongside Richard Madden, Cate Blanchett and Lily James.
LYNDSY FONESCA: Lyndsy Fonseca, a stunning and talented young actress, can currently be seen in Marvel’s hit new drama, AGENT CARTER. Fonseca has previously starred in NIKITA, and on the hit ABC series DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, and KICK-ASS just to name a few. She currently resides in Los Angeles. Check out her TWITTER and INSTAGRAM
ADRI COWAN: Adri is the Social Media Manager at Marvel Entertainment/Marvel.com, helping to make the internets all Super Hero-y! Working with all of Marvel’s departments, including film, comic books, licensed products and more, Adri and the Marvel.com digital team share news and awesome content to keep Marvel’s audience excited about everything they do. Follow her on TWITTER.
ABBY DARK-STAR: Under the awesome influence of her Dad's love of sci-fi, comics and cars, and years of involvement in theater, Abby Dark-Star started costuming as a way to express her love and admiration of her favorite genres. She is one of the Social Media Managers for the Replica Prop Forum, HXO for the Avengers Initiative (a charity volunteer group), as well as an admin for Sexy Star Wars Girls.
HOT TOPIC: It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores filled the malls, but there wasn't a cool music-inspiredaccessory store for both guys and girls. Then came Hot Topic. As we expanded, we discovered that customers were equally drawn to the underground cartoon, cult movie, and comic book scenes.
THINK GEEK: ThinkGeek started as a simple idea to create and sell stuff that would appeal to the thousands of people out there who were on the front line as the Internet was forged. ThinkGeek started as a way to serve a market that was passionate about technology, from programmers, engineers, students, lovers of open source, to the masses that helped create the behind-the-scenes Internet culture.
ERIQUE WATSON from DIAMOND COMICS: Erique Watson is the Brand Manager for Apparel, Collectibles and Novelties for Diamond Comic Distributors’ Previews catalog. A lifelong pop culture dork, there’s no aspect of comic books, toys, film or television merchandising that he doesn’t run down like a lion after a gazelle.
SHIRTS.COM: Shirts are the building blocks of any successful outfit, and Shirts.com is invested in your style success! An online retailer that believes tees can be anything but basic, they offer the widest selection of tops on the web to prove it. Whether you’re looking for soft cotton blanks, funny shirts rife with pop culture references, rockin’ tees from your favorite bands, they’ve got you covered - front to back.
DOs & DON'Ts
1. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
2. Do: Make stylized art! Get inspiration from the show and the comics!
3. Do: Use logos or icons that can be found in the show and comics. Please, however, do note that if it's a fairly simple or generic logo, make sure that we do not already have it on the website.
4. Do: Have fun and be creative!
5. Don't: Use the "Marvel" logo. When creating your design imagine it’s a part or within the Marvel Universe.
6. Dont: Use any other Marvel Characters other than Peggy Carter, Angie Martinelli, Dottie Underwood, Howard Stark, Jarvis, The Howling Commandos, Dum Dum Dugan and Nick Fury. And please avoid using exact actor likenesses.
7. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning rather than help it.
8. Don't: Use any copyrighted, 3rd party or inappropriate materials. This contest is to submit art designs to be officially licensed. If it is too obscene or mixes 3rd party, or copyrighted materials, it will NOT be approved.
9. Don't: DO NOT CROSS reference other Marvel licenses with Marvel's Agent Carter. Also, do not add the creator(s) or celebrities within your design.
10. Don't: Use any original artwork from Marvel Comics as a part of your design
To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: The submission kit is not downloading. I need help!
A: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We should be able to send you one directly. Or try clicking here to see if it will directly download for you.
Q: What are the three "Additional Design Images" for?
A: One upload should be JUST the design itself so we can see it clearly. The other images, if you choose to upload them, can be other images of your design. Please remember that each design should be its OWN submission so don't use them to upload multiple designs.
Q: I'm having trouble uploading my images for my submission. What's going on?
A: Please make sure that each image is exactly 1000x1000px JPG, GIF or PNG and each image MUST be under 2MB.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: For most contests you can submit up to 10 designs unless otherwise stated.
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We recommend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: YES!! We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help us determine what the fans really want as winners! So please feel free to promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We will make every attempt to review submissions within 2 business days. Please know, if you’ve done any of the following we will not accept the design into the contest and you may not be notified.
- Your design has inappropriate materials or elements.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. No mash ups!
-You've used a design created by someone else as your own.
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email email@example.com detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Grand Prize (1): One (1) winner will receive a Grand Prize of to One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) Cash Prize.
Guest Judge’s Prize (4): Four (4) winner will receive Four Hundred Dollars ($400.00) Cash Prize!
Diamond Comic's Prize: One (1) winner will receiveThree Hundred Dollars ($300.00) Cash Prize!
Think Geek's Prize (1): One (1) winner will receiveThree Hundred Dollars ($300.00) Cash Prize!
Hot Topic's Prize (1): One (1) winner will receiveThree Hundred Dollars ($300.00) Cash Prize!
Shirts.com's Prize (1): One (1) winner will receiveThree Hundred Dollars ($300.00) Cash Prize!